- 1 What is a Dash diet?
- 2 Benefits of Dash diet for high blood pressure
- 3 Components of Dash diet
- 4 Suggested foods in Dash diet meal plan
- 5 Sample Dash diet meal chart to combat high blood pressure
- 6 Exercise suggestions with Dash diet for hypertension treatment
- 7 Authorization of Dash diet meal plan
- 8 Reference:
What is a Dash diet?
The term ‘DASH’ refers to ‘Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension’. It is a healthy eating approach that has been designed in reducing or preventing the high blood pressure or hypertension. The goal of DASH diet is to decline the level of high blood pressure as well as high blood cholesterol without applying any medication. A fundamental Dash diet meal plan targets 2000 calories; however, it allows calorie intake ranges from 1,600 calories to 3,100 calories for one day. The DASH diet for high blood pressure includes some vital nutrients, such as, potassium, magnesium, calcium, etc.
Benefits of Dash diet for high blood pressure
Since the last decade, Dash diet has been active in reducing risk for hypertension as well as high cholesterol by controlling the sodium intake. Therefore, it has got huge admiration by the dietitians as well as people as an effective diet for high blood pressure. Recently Dash diet has been reorganized by its inventor, dietitian Marla Heller. Many people suffering from Hypertension around the world has admired the DASH diet as a lifelong approach for healthy eating as well as healthy living.
Components of Dash diet
The Dash Diet plan is composed of the following components:
- It prefers the salubrious recipes along with grocery catalog
- It includes easy-handling equipment necessary for personalizing the action plan of Dash diet.
- Diet regimen spans for 28 days
- It includes essential tips for eating out
- It provides recommendation for diet along with physical exercise
Suggested foods in Dash diet meal plan
The dietitian Marla Heller has suggested a range of foods under the DASH diet for high blood pressure. The suggested foods include: Whole grains, fruits, olive oil, fish, nuts, beans, low-fat or fat-less dairy, vegetables, lean poultry, etc. You can take these foods on the basis of your choice and individual health status.
Sample Dash diet meal chart to combat high blood pressure
- Juice of fresh Orange
- Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin along with less-fat cheese
- Wheaties along with skimmed milk plus raspberries
- Minestrone soup
- Swiss Cheese Sandwich
- Cranberry sauce
- Turkey along with romaine lettuce
- Snack Items
- Fistful of Almonds
- BBQ steak of Salmon
- Haricots Verts along with smashed hazelnuts
- Italian Bread along with olive oil
- Red potatoes
Exercise suggestions with Dash diet for hypertension treatment
Taking a diet is not enough for controlling high blood pressure. Considering this, Marla Heller, has suggested to do some exercise along with DASH diet for lowering blood pressure. Exercise is considered as a momentous part of DASH diet, as it assists in declining blood pressure, enhancing blood circulation and strengthening the heart.
Authorization of Dash diet meal plan
The DASH diet for high blood pressure is the result of long-term experiment and research. This diet has been proven as an effective method for declining the high blood pressure as well as the high cholesterol in blood. In this respect, it can be mentioned that the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the U.S. has funded for clinical testing attempts for the Dash diet to examine it’s success in harnessing the conditions of hypertension. And the Dash diet has shown tremendous success in those trials. The Dash diet promises to show distinguishable improvement within 2 weeks after starting this diet plan. Finally, it can be said that the Dash diet is a true ally for the dieters in the battle of hypertension.