Initially, a gluten-free diet has been developed exclusively for the people who are frequently experiencing gluten intolerance symptoms. Doctors recommend gluten-free diet for the people who are allergic to gluten. However, later the dietitians found that avoiding gluten food contributes to lose weight significantly. Thereafter, gluten-free diet is also followed by millions of people to lose body fat in a natural way. At present, gluten-free diet for weight loss has gained immense popularity among the health conscious people around the world.
Gluten free diet & weight loss
No gluten No refined carbs
If you avoid gluten containing foods, it will not cut body fat automatically. Then, what is the magic of gluten free diet for weight loss. Here is a simple explanation that excluding gluten-free foods, we eliminate a significant portion of refined carbohydrates, which are often responsible for gaining excess fat in the body. Many popular food products, including pizza, beer, sandwiches, pastries, sausages, crackers, etc. contain gluten. Actually, the ‘gluten’, as a protein does not provoke overweight, rather the food products containing gluten is responsible for gaining extra body fat. By refusing gluten, an individual steps towards the first attempt to lose body fat in a natural way.
Go gluten free – Change your eating habit
Going on a diet without gluten, you change your eating habits. Products Choose carefully, plan your menu for the day. You need to avoid the semi-cook healthy food on their own. All this leads to the fact that the amount of calorie intake is reduced. But do not completely abandon cereals, potatoes, rice. The body still needs complex carbohydrates. For instance, potatoes can be harmful, when you add it into different calorie sausages. Avoid those and then the potato will not cause weight-gain. You can choose legumes like beans, lentils, etc. as lunch-base. These veggies can combined well with meat.
Be cautious about choosing/leaving food
If you decide to adapt yourself with a gluten-free diet, it is not necessary to look for analogous of products. For example, gluten-free bread. In this case, your have less chances to lose weight. Moreover, when any food is removed from the diet, the body loses a significant portion of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Whole grain products supply some essential B-vitamins to your body; therefore, avoiding all types of whole grain products will certainly risk your health. For this reason, the health experts recommend a very cautious approach to the gluten-free diet. It would be better, if you just give up eating refined foods, starch, sugar, etc. This will help you in losing weight and improving the gastrointestinal mechanism of your body.
You may also like: What Is Gluten | Gluten Intolerance Symptoms | How to Diagnose
Gluten free diet benefits to lose body fats
Why gluten free diet? A common question asked by millions of people who are either suffering from gluten sensitivity or feeling curios about it’s the efficiency of this diet to cut body fat . Gluten free diets offer some exclusive benefits that not only cut body fat naturally; but also keeps the body healthy and strong. The significant advantages of gluten free diet for weight loss include:
Improves digestion mechanism
The gluten-particles damage the villi (located in mucosa), while passing through the bowels and deteriorate the natural process of food-digestion. When an individual follows a gluten free diet to lose weight, the absence of gluten restores the intestinal villi.
Prevents weight-gaining foods
A gluten free diet obviously excludes foods, like calorie breads, sweets, pizzas, beers, etc. Therefore, cutting these items from your daily menu, you can avoid the agents that are often responsible for weight gaining.
Keeps the body organic
Gluten free diet menu mainly consists of foods that undergo minimal industrial processing, which lets your body to consume natural and organic food ingredients.
Allows food variation
A gluten free diet replaces the foods (rich in high sugar and high calories) with healthy foods like, eggs, legumes, fruits, berries, vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, natural cheese, some cereals, milk, plain yogurt, etc. More to say, this diet offers food-varieties keeping a great balance of vitamins, minerals, proteins and calories.
Detox the body naturally
Gluten free Diet includes vegetables, legumes, fruits, etc. that naturally promote the excretion of toxins gathered in the body for long years. Therefore, Gluten free diet helps to cleanse the body in a safe way without any costly medical procedure.
Rejects any artificial weight-loss treats
Though the weight-loss products available in stores contribute in losing body fat within a fixed period, they often contain diverse chemicals that harm the body in the long run. However, a gluten free diet for weight loss can help you to get rid of some extra pounds from your body in a natural way without including any harmful ingredients.
Requires no starvation
Many people adopt painful starvation and harsh physical workouts to lose belly fat. However, gluten free diet for losing weight is an excellent option to get rid of belly fat with the minimum effort.
Food list of gluten-free diet to lose weight
- Vegetable soup;
- Gluten-free cereals;
- Chicken eggs (cooked/omelet prepared without oil);
- Meat (in any form, except for fried);
- Fruits, berries and other root vegetables;
- Milk products;
- Tea (black tea, green tea, etc.);
- Oil (butter oil, vegetable oil, etc.).
- Wheat (wheat germ, wheat bran, etc.)
- Kashi soluble
- Sauces, dressings, etc.
- Bouillon cubes
- Powdered soups
- All semi-finished products.
- Cereals, which are composed of gluten (wheat grain, rye, barley and oats);
- Foods preservatives (of any kind);
- Ice cream, yogurt with a long shelf life (most likely to contain a preservative);
- Kvass (as it is prepared from rye bread);
- Semi-finished food products (in any form);
- Flavored teas, frieze-Dryden coffee, etc.;
- Seafood products;
- Pastry (prepared through industrial process);
- Industrially processed Spices and condiments (choose with extreme caution).
Sample gluten free meals for weight-loss
The following sample menus can give you some clear ideas about how to maintain a balanced diet to lose body fat without consuming gluten products directly and indirectly.
Here is a sample of balanced gluten free diet. This diet offers 3 different set of food for each meal.
- Milk porridge with rice or bun made of corn flour; berries or dried fruit; coffee;
- Rice cakes with honey and cheese;
- Boiled eggs with a small amount of cheese, bread and a cup of tea.
- Rice soup, broth, buckwheat pancakes with minced meat, seasonal fruit juice, vegetable salad.
- Fish baked in the oven or steamed potatoes, vegetable salad with vegetable oil, fruit drink;
- Borsch, preferably without spices, rice noodles with cheese, green or black tea, marmalade.
- Rice cakes;
- Loaf of buckwheat flour, cocoa, any fruit;
- Buckwheat pancakes with jam, mineral water.
- Buckwheat porridge cooked in water, corn bread, honey;
- Stewed in cream or yogurt vegetables, fruit-juice;
- Kefir, rice porridge on the water with the addition of dried fruits.
||1 cup of skim milk||
||100 g of fresh carrots||
||120 g fat-free vanilla yogurt||
||half a cup of popcorn (without salt & sugar)||
||1 medium nectarine||
||1 teaspoon of peanut butter with 1 slice of bread||
||30 grams of low-fat cheddar cheese, 1 small apple||
||1 small banana||
You may also like: Is Whey Gluten Free?
Risk of gluten free diet
In the treatment of celiac disease or gluten allergy, individuals are recommended to eat varieties of food that exclude ‘gluten’ protein. However, while putting over emphasize on weight loss issue, you should not deprive your body from the essential nutrients. Sometimes people make the diet harmful for the body. The scientific analysis of diets show that in many cases the “gluten-free diet” leads the body towards lack of essential vitamins and nutrients, such as potassium (k), folic acid, vitamins B, Vitamin-D, iron (Fe), etc.
How to combat risk
- To avoid this issue, you can follow recipes prepared through partial or total exclusions of the gluten products.
- You can also take vitamin supplements to replenish the lack vitamins and minerals in the body.
- While planning a gluten free diet menu, you can select food items that are less exposed to processing, such as, cereals (restricted), eggs, legumes, fruits, vegetables, meats including poultry and fish, dairy products including, milk, natural cheese, plain yogurt, etc.
- Gluten-free diet allows making quite diverse and quite balanced menu. It doesn’t require individuals to bring huge change in their eating habits; because bread and pastries can be prepared from rice, soy and buckwheat flour.
- In your gluten free menu for weight loss, you can assure a balanced diet with proper combination of essential liquids, vitamins, minerals, nutrients, protein and carbohydrate through maintaining a proper combination between the order and quantity of foods.
- Certain vitamins and medicines can also be composed of gluten. Therefore, you can check the composition of your medical products. If they include such substance is found as gluten, preparations must be replaced with similar products made from gluten-free ingredients.
Gluten free diet for weight loss is quite flexible. Before starting the diet you can consult with a dietitian for the best result in the shortest possible time. However, during continuing the diet, if you experience any health issues, then it is recommended to stop the diet and visit a doctor without delay.
- How to lose belly fat naturally?
- How to Lose Belly Fat for Men?
- Anti Candida Diet or Candida Cleanse Diet
- What is the best exercise to lose belly fat?
- How to lose belly fat in a week?
- How to Lose Love Handles Fast?
- How to lose 10 pounds in a week?
- How to Lose Body Fat Fast | Top 4 Strategies
- Best Fat Loss Supplements | Natural & Organic
- 12-Day Grapefruit Diet Plan For Weight Loss
- Coconut Oil Diet For Weight Loss
- Calorie Restriction Diet Plan Serves As Anti-Aging Diet
- 21 day challenge diet plan for weight loss
- High Protein Diet Plan
- Guide to Foods that Boost Metabolism