Are you suffering from microbial, bacterial or viral infections in hair and scalp? If yes, then Tea tree oil can help you to get rid of these problems. Tea tree oil for hair is extracted from the Australian Tea Tree, which is scientifically called Melaleuca alternifolia. It has worldwide admiration for centuries, due to its anti-fungal, antimicrobial, antibiotic and antiseptic properties. At present lots of famous brands are using the Tea tree oil as an ingredient in their commercial hair products. Tea tree oil treatment for hairline is also popular as an effective home remedy for diverse hair issues. This article focuses on the top 7 jackpot benefits of Tea tree oil for hair growth and hair health.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Hair
1. Prevents Bacterial & Viral Infections
The scalp often gets vulnerable to infections caused by microbial organisms, bacteria, fungus, etc. These infections often lead towards scalp irritations, dandruff, hair and scalp dryness, split-end, etc. diverse hair problems. Tea tree oil for hair can work as an effective remedy to these issues. Because, the tea tree oil includes lots of natural properties including antifungal, antimicrobial, antibacterial, anti-infectious, antiseptic and antiviral due to its chemical formation. Let us see what the Tea tree oil contains. The Tea tree oil is naturally composed of over 98 compounds, including six chemotypes. These chemotypes oils contain various chemical compositions, including terpinene-4-ol chemotype, terpinolene chemotype, and 1, 8 – cineole chemotypes. Among them, the Terpinen-4-oil is greatly responsible for the antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties.
2. Keeps the Scalp Healthy
The scalp is the pre-condition to get healthy hair. However, the scalp might face diverse unhealthy conditions like dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, lice, etc. Adding to these, the scalp can be infected by over-use of chemical-based hair products, environmental pollutants, excess sun-heat, etc. Moreover, sometimes unhealthy lifestyle leads the scalp towards an unhealthy condition. The benefit of tea tree oil for scalp is quite significant. Regular use of tea tree oil keeps the scalp skin clean and makes the scalp more lively. This oil also helps to control the excess of oil in the pores of scalp and hair, which often clogs the hair follicles and restrain the natural growth of the hair strands. Furthermore, this hair growth oil keeps the scalp tissue free from inflammatory effect. All these actions improve the scalp-health.
3. Stimulates Blood Flow in Scalp
Regular scalp massage along with adequate amount of tea tree oil helps in stimulating the blood flow in the scalp tissues. Moreover, the scalp-massage removes the clogged dead cells from the pore of the scalp and hair follicles, which keeps the hair roots clean and healthy. The Tea tree oil also contributes in reducing the inflammation of the follicle-cells in the scalp that in turn induces the faster growth of hair. Therefore, tea tree oil for scalp bumps is another great benefit.
4. Checks Dandruff
Dandruff is one of the most common hair issues. Do you know what causes the Dandruff? Several issues might cause Dandruff, for instance, inadequate shedding of cells from the scalp issues due to lack of brushing/combing; yeast attack due to cold air or overheated rooms; dry skin; Seborrheic dermatitis or irritating oily skin; heap of oil and dead skin cells due to inadequate shampooing; certain skin-diseases, like eczema, psoriasis, etc.; Malassezia fungus attack; reaction to chemical-based hair products; diet; mental stress; HIV; etc. Tea tree hair oil is an effective natural remedy to get rid of the Dandruff issue for ages. Because, it can effectively remove the dead cells from the hair follicles and its anti-microbial properties reduce the growth of bacteria, fungi, etc. You can mix some drops of tea tree oil for Dandruff with your regular shampoo while washing the hair to get rid of the Dandruff.
5. Prevents Lice Reproduction Cycle
Lice is another hair problem caused by transmission from one person to another through indirect contacts, such as Headphones, Hats and scarves, Towels, Brushes and combs, Upholstery, Hair accessories, Pillows, etc. Lice transmission happens mostly within the family members or children, who often stay close to the classroom or playground. Tea tree oil for hair-growth is widely admired for ages due to its effective impact against the lice reproduction circle. If you can diagnose head lice attack, then mix several drops of Tea tree hair oil with your shampoo, while washing hair and bathing. And continue this process until you get rid of lice.
6. Serves as Natural Moisturizer
Tea tree hair growth oil serves as an active moisturizer when applied to hair and scalp on a regular basis. It can control the dryness of the scalp and hair. However, it is recommended to apply tea tree oil on the scalp and hair with a carrier oil. You can mix several drops of Jojoba oil or any other carrier oil with the adequate amount of tea tree oil to create the oil-solution. Then, massage the scalp and hair with this oil solution in a mild way. To get the best result keep the oil solution on scalp for about 15 minutes. After that shampoo the hair and scalp properly.
7. Reduces Hair Thinning & Hair Fall Issues
The male hormones called Androgen are responsible for baldness and hair thinning issues among the male persons. The Tea tree oil for hair contains the anti-androgenic that can effectively inhibit the Androgen. Many hair-fall reduction products contain the Tea tree oil as an ingredient. Tea Tree oil is also good for women as it replenishes the essential nutrients to hair that contributes in reducing hair fall. However, you can apply the Tea tree oil as a home remedy against the hair thinning problem, as commercial products cause harm to the hair than doing good.
Cautionary facts to use Tea tree oil for hair
- In 2006 a research was carried upon the toxic effect of the Tea tree oil. The review shows that the Tea tree oil is safe to apply to the hair and scalp externally. Most of the people can use it without any adverse effect if it used in the diluted form. However, oxidization of the Tea tree oil must be avoided.
- Tea tree oil for hair can be poisonous if taken internally.
- A research-review about the Tea tree hair oil in 2012 suggested that the Tea tree oil for hair-lice should not be used in the treatment of head lice treatment for children. Because the scalp-tissues of the children are very sensitive and application of Tea tree oil might cause skin irritation, allergic reactions, etc.
- If the dandruff attack, as well as the scalp irritation, reaches towards severe conditions, then you might require stronger medical treatments rather than home remedies.
- If you experience redness, rash or any other type allergic symptoms after applying the Tea tree oil to the scalp, then stop using this oil mix and take medical help as soon as possible.
- Before applying the Tea tree oil for hair-growth benefits, it is advised to take the recommendation of your family doctor, if you have any previous history of scalp allergy.
You may also like: 18 Best Natural Oils for Hair Growth
- Hammer, KA; Carson, CF; Riley, TV; Nielsen, JB (May 2006). “A review of the toxicity of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil.” Food and chemical toxicology. Journal of British Industrial Biological Research Association. 44(5): 616–25. doi:10.1016/j.fct.2005.09.001. PMID 16243420.
- “Tea Tree Oil”. American Cancer Society. November 2008. Retrieved February 2015.
- Eisenhower, Christine; Farrington, Elizabeth Anne (2012). “Advancements in the Treatment of Head Lice in Pediatrics”. Journal of Pediatric Health Care 26 (6): 451–61; quiz 462–4. doi:10.1016/j.pedhc.2012.05.004. PMID 23099312.
- Cassella, S., J. P. Cassella, and I. Smith. 2002. Synergistic antifungal activity of tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) and lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oils against dermatophyte infection. Int. J. Aromather. 12:2-15.
- Benefits of Castor Oil for Hair Growth | How to Use Castor Oil
- Coconut Oil for Hair Growth | Fatty Acid Magic
- Hair Growth Oils Make the Hair Grow Faster | Myth Versus Facts
- Curly Hair Types
- how to remove hair dye from skin of forehead, neck and hand
- How to find good hair salons near me?
- Benefits of Rosemary Oil for Hair Growth | How to prepare hair masks
- Medium length hair styles | Short length hair styles
- 18 best natural oils for hair growth